Monday 20 February 2012

Maradona critical of Mancini approach


Diego Maradona doubts Roberto Mancini's defensive attitude.
Argentina great Diego Maradona believes Manchester City may stumble in the Premier League title race because manager Roberto Mancini is "too defensive".
Maradona is in Manchester visiting son-in-law Sergio Aguero and offered his opinion on City, who sit two points clear of Manchester United. The 51-year-old says that although the league leaders have scored 64 goals in 25 Premier League matches this term, he remains unconvinced given the array of attacking players at Mancini's disposal.
"My heart says Manchester City, but I believe Mancini with all the players he's got, is not daring enough," he told Sport360. "He's a bit too defensive. Maybe because he is Italian."
Maradona, though, is still hopeful Aguero can help City lift the Premier League trophy aloft at season's end as United continue their title challenge.
"As an organisation, and with their style of play, I think United are more aggressive. But if I have to support one team, I'll be a fan for my son-in-law."
The Al-Wasl coach revealed he wanted Aguero to remain in La Liga, but insists his move to City last summer was of benefit to the striker's career after Atletico Madrid refused to listen to Maradona's advice.
"I think today, watching from my home in Dubai, seeing Aguero in Madrid would make for much more interesting matches than Kun Aguero at Manchester City," Maradona said.
"I talked to the president of Atletico Madrid and I told him that Aguero had amazing potential, and that he should surround him with good players so that Atletico could make history with him. As you know he did not listen to me. He didn't listen. He sold Kun and I, as his father-in-law, think he chose well."
Source:http://www.espn.co.uk/football/sport/story/137240.html

No comments:

Post a Comment