Friday 3 February 2012

I don't want to be England captain! Ferdinand rules out succeeding axed Terry


Rio Ferdinand has ruled himself out of the running for the England captaincy. 
John Terry was dramatically stripped of the armband on Friday morning for the second time in his career.
Ferdinand was Terry's successor the last time he lost the captaincy, but the Manchester United defender has said he doest want to be considered for the role this time around.
 
Not interested: Ferdinand says he doesn't want to succeed Terry as England skipper Not interested: Ferdinand doesn't want to succeed Terry as England skipper
'I don't want to be England captain after the last episode,' Ferdinand said on his Twitter account. 
'(I) just want to concentrate on playing for United and if I make the squad then as ever I'll be delighted.'
Ferdinand was set to lead England into the last World Cup but suffered a knee injury on the eve of the ill-fated tournament.

No comments:

Post a Comment