Wednesday 11 January 2012

Benedict Cumberbatch: I was late to meet War Horse's Steven Spielberg Benedict Cumberbatch was late for his first ever meeting with War Horse director Steven Spielberg because he couldn't find anywhere to park his motorcycle, the actor has revealed.


Benedict CumberbatchBenedict Cumberbatch stars in War Horse as Major Stewart
The star was on his way to meet the film-maker to discuss the role of Major Stewart in the World War I drama when he realised he couldn't find a parking space. 
He told The Belfast Telegraph: 'I couldn't find a parking space and I couldn't put my motorbike in a parking bay around the corner. 
'I thought I'd have to just walk in or I would be very late. But when I did, I was told the meeting was earlier, so I went in there going, "Gosh, the first time I am meeting Spielberg and I'm apologising for being late!"." 
But despite being one of the most famous directors in Hollywood, Spielberg wasn't annoyed that he'd had to wait. 
The Sherlock star said: 'I thought, "My mother is right, I do have a problem". When I explained myself to him, he was fine with it. He was lovely, just lovely.' 
Cumberbatch, who has just landed the role of the main villain in Star Trek 2, described working for Spielberg as a 'dream'. 
The actor had initially decided to take a break from acting but soon changed his mind when Spielberg got in touch. 
'It sounds like a cliche, saying "I'll do that unless Spielberg calls", and I had literally said that about taking a break and a week later, I had to eat my words.' 
'Nobody will believe me, but there we are.' 
Cumberbatch will be seen in the upcoming Hobbit film as as Smaug the dragon.

No comments:

Post a Comment