Thursday 12 January 2012

DDP lifts the lid on his WWE exit


wrestling
 
CONTENT ... Diamond Dallas Page

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE has lifted the lid on the storyline that finished his top-tier wrestling career.

Former grappling star Page, 55, joined WWE after Vince McMahon purchased rival promotion WCW in 2001.
But the first angle he was involved in was controversial and saw him play a stalker who creepily tracked the Undertaker's wife.
It was not well received by fans and Page never became a top draw in WWE. He left the company and retired from the ring shortly afterwards.
But typically for the man who once played a character called Positively Page, he has no regrets about how his WWE tenure started.
He said: "I thought, coming in, that the stalker angle was going to be awesome. When people ask me about that I say, 'Hey, I made the decision, I have to live with it'.
"It's amazing to me how many people it bothered. They knew that I was a top guy and they didn't use me correctly, but I agreed to it originally and that was a mistake.
"Vince and Shane McMahon told me coming in that they had this great idea and I was going to be working with their No1 babyface.
"I didn't really like it because it was about me stalking someone else's wife.
"I would look across the table at Kim [DDP's beautiful ex-wife] and nobody could compare. It was ridiculous, it took out the believability factor.
"There are some people who loved that angle with me and Taker, which I don't understand. It was definitely not the highlight of my career by any stretch of the imagination.
"The main reason I jumped when I did was because I was six months away fromt urning 46. How much longer could I really do this at the level that I did it? There was only so long I could run at that pace.
  
 "I get fans telling me they were upset with how WWE treated me but I say, 'Dude, let it go!' I already achieved everything I ever dreamed of."
Since retiring from the ring, Page has developed his Yoga for Regular Guys programme into various workouts.
He added: "If you knew the deal I cut with Warner Brothers to get DDPYoga back, owning it, and branching it out, it would blow your mind.
"But I'm only smart enough to cut that deal because I dropped the ball with WWE when I came in.
"I dropped it, I don't blame Vince. I've got a lot of respect for Vince and everything he has done for the business.
"There are so many guys that have negative, bad feelings after they retire. You've heard them. I'm not living that as I lived a dream on so many different levels."

Source:http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/sport/wrestling/4057014/WWE-news-Diamond-Dallas-Page-reveals-all-about-his-WWE-exit.html

No comments:

Post a Comment