Tuesday 17 January 2012

Marsh fears losing place in Test squad


Marsh fears losing place in Test squad
Marsh has scored 14 in his last four innings after making a comeback in the Boxing Day Test.
PERTH: Australian batsman Shaun Marshadmitted he is in danger of losing his place in the Test side after a slew of failures in the ongoing series against India.

Marsh has scored 14 in his last four innings after making a comeback in the Boxing Day Test.

The left-hander felt that he was running out of time to cement his place in the team with all-rounder Shane Watson most certain to be fit for the tri-series after the Adelaide Test.

"At the end of the day, my job is to score runs and I have not been doing that in the first three Test matches. There is always pressure but that is part and parcel of playing international cricket," Marsh was quoted as saying by theSydney Morning Herald.

"I have just got to try to turn it around. You do not get too many chances to play Test cricket, so I know my chances are running out."

Marsh though was confident that it was a matter of time before he would be back to scoring ways. He will have the chance to regain his form before the fourth Test when he is included in the Perth Scorchers line-up for the Big Bash clash against Brad Haddin's Sydney Sixers at the Sydney Cricket Ground Wednesday.

"I see it as a good challenge for me. I have performed well (at Test level) before, so I know that I can do it. I have just got to get out there and get some runs."

Marsh has been in and out of the side owing to his chronic back injury.
Source:http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/sports/cricket/series-tournaments/india-in-australia/interviews/Marsh-fears-losing-place-in-Test-squad/articleshow/11526613.cms

No comments:

Post a Comment